- A. Important Rules For Participation
- Weddings produced (in and outside India) in the year 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Only ICWF Registered Delegates are eligible to participate
- The participation fee for each entry is Rs.5000 plus tax as per the government regulations at the time of payment.
- More than one entry in an award category is permitted. Provided it is for a different event
- Please try and provide all the possible information regarding the entries according to the criterias given.
- All questions in the entry form must be answered. Incomplete forms may not be considered.
- Applications for GIWA 2017 have to be filled through the online application link at www.icwf.net.
- The last date for the uploading the entries (which includes declaration and client authorization) and payments is 25th June 2017.
- Each award entry must be submitted online in the format of a PPT. This PPT can include photographs/information about the wedding event. Please see the details on the PPT in the PPT guidelines section.
- Some award entries must be supported with AV film presentations in MPEG/AVI format. Please see the details in the AV Guidelines section. The AV must not exceed 3 minutes. The AV should be uploaded along with the Award entry and PPT.
- Please ensure that the name of the agency does not appear anywhere in the award entry and collaterals (PPT, AV film presentation). This is most critical; any non-adherence to this will result in disqualification of the entry.
- Please maintain a copy of the application with you for your records.
- If you have any questions, or require any clarifications, please contact Bhavika (email@example.com , ph:- 9001799999) or Jaideep (Jd@icwf.net, Ph: 8447639393) or Saakshi (firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 9910986969)
- For more information and the full version of the rules and regulations please log on to the web site: www.icwf.net
- B. PPT Guidelines
The PPT needs to be submitted in a soft copy only through the online link on ICWF.net in the GIWA section The PPT should have the details as per the criteria of the category and also please note important dos and don’ts as below:
The storyboard should have the details as per the criteria of the category and also please note important dos and don’ts as below:
- Please mention the GIWA category no., GIWA Category Name & the Name of the Wedding Or Wedding title on the first page of the PPT for which you the entry is being submitted.
- PPT should consist of 15 to 18 slides Maximum.
- PPT should cover all the possible information regarding the entries according to the criteria given. (Refer to the award categories & Descriptions)
- Please use only New Time Roman font and please don't use less than 10-point size.
- Please ensure that the name of the agency does not appear anywhere on the PPT.
- Please ensure that the file size of the PPT should not be more than the 20mb.
- C. A/V Requirements
- We need one AV’s for each entry. (Wherever applicable)
- The AV’s should be submitted online only through the online link on www.ICWF.net along with the Award entry and PPT.
- The size of the AV file to be uploaded along with the form should not exceed 100 MB and duration should not exceed 3 mins (please keep the duration as low as possible)
- Please see the list below to see which categories have to be accompanied by AV
Wedding of the year (Over all)
Best Wedding Reception
Best Destination Wedding (International)
Best Destination Wedding (India)
Magic Moment in the Wedding
Best Engagement / Ring Ceremony
Best Sangeet Ceremony
Best Mehendi Ceremony
Best Design & Space Décor
Best Use of Flowers
Best Bride & Groom Entry
Best Food Art & Display
Best Wedding Moments (Still)
Best Wedding Moments (Video)
Best Pre Wedding Photo/Shoot
Best Innovation in Wedding Photo/Video Shoot
Best Entertainment Design & Execution
Best Use of Technology
Best Wedding Hotel - India
Best Wedding Venue- Banquet/Backyard
Best Wedding Invites
Best Wedding Make Up Artist
Best Trousseau Packaging for a Wedding
Best Family Sangeet Choreography
Best Wedding Cake Design
D) Checklist (Please tick mark in the box next to each deliverable)
A/V (wherever mandatory)
Client Authorization (included in entry form)
Declaration (included in entry form)
Signature & Stamp
Covering Letter (If applicable)
Rules and Regulations1. Definitions
The Great Indian Wedding Awards 2016
Organizer of the Awards and holder of the property rights of the Awards
Personnel from ICWF or appointed / engaged by ICWF, who are responsible to conduct the Awards
Any organization / individual who sends in an application to participate in the Awards as per these Rules and Regulations
Initial Jury/ Screening Jury
Group of persons selected who will evaluate the Applicants on pre defined parameters
An organization/individual short-listed to be evaluated by the Final Jury
Group of persons selected who will evaluate the Nominee on pre defined parameters
Rules and Regulations
These Rules and Regulations governing the Awards, as may be amended from time to time
2. Objective of the Awards
The objective of GIWA Awards is to recognize and felicitate excellence in the Wedding Events industry.
3. Award Category and Definitions
Same as the Award categories listed above in Section 1 and as defined by the Rules.
Note: The Award categories as defined above in Section 1 may be changed/ modified/ split/ merged / increased or cancelled by the Awards management and / or Jury based on the number of entries received in any category, and the quality of the entries or any other reason. The decision in this regard will be final and non-contestable. The Awards management will not entertain any queries in this regard.
4. Call for entries and participation
- The call for entries for the Awards will open on the 18th of May 2017.
- Applicants can enter the Awards by submitting the online entry on the website: www.icwf.net. Only applications submitted on or before the last date mentioned by Awards management (or as modified by them) will be considered valid for the purposes of these Awards.
- Applicants can apply in or be nominated in more than one Award category subject to fulfillment of rules and regulations mentioned herein.
- Awards Management has the right to reclassify entries from one category to another, at its discretion.
5. Eligibility Criteria for participation in the Awards
- Wedding produced by ICWF registered delegates in the year 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017, in India or abroad, are eligible to apply
- Wedding must have fully take place and not be in a planning /conceptual stage
- GIWA Awards are open to all ICWF Registered Delegates.
- GIWA Award Management holds the right to disqualify any application that does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Organizations applying for the GIWA Awards should be Indian entities.
6. Receipt of entries
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
- Last date of submission of entries is the 25th June 2017. Applications must be submitted by 6 pm on the 25th June 2017
- Please don't wait till the last day to upload your entries. ICWF will not be responsible for any delay due to last minute network problems.
- Awards Management will not consider / be responsible for applications that are in incorrect format / received late / corrupt etc.
- By entering the awards, the applicant agrees to the display of entries at ICWF Convention on the ICWF website.
7. Participation fee:
- The fee for EACH entry is Rs.5000 + Tax as per the government regulations at the time of payment.
- All entries need to be submitted at www.icwf.net
- After you fill the details and the number of entries and submit them online at www.icwf.net you will be given option to make an online payment for all your entries. Any agency applying in multiple categories may also submit one Demand Draft for the total amount for the multiple entries. In such a case, the online nominations should be accompanied by a covering letter, which may be downloaded from the website: www.icwf.net
- There would no refund under any circumstances after the nomination has been submitted
8. Completeness of Entries and Disqualification
- The Nomination form needs to be complete in all respects, else may be disqualified
- Each entry will have 2 mandatory components : PPT A& AV . An AV (where identified by the form and these rules as mandatory) and other supporting collaterals at the discretion of the applicant
- Only the nomination form should contain the agency name
- The AV length should be restricted to a maximum of three minutes. Any AV which runs longer than three minutes duration will be cut (not edited) by restricting the duration to the starting 3 minutes
- The nomination form must be dully filled and signed by the agency. The agency will obtain the consent of Clients before sending in entries. ICWF will not be responsible for any claim for use of proprietary material and claims against ICWF, if any, would need to be made good by Applicant(s)
- If the same event is entered by more than one agency and / or client, all such entrants will have to determine who should take the award, should they win this would be at the discretion of Awards Management based on their evaluation of the situation
- Incomplete / unsigned / carbon copies of nomination forms and multiple ticking may be disqualified
- The Awards Management will have the right and discretion to reject entries which in their view have been manipulated or are not genuine
- The declaration must be signed by authorized signatory from the Applicant organization (from amongst the MD, CEO, COO, chairman, proprietor, directors, etc.)
- If at any time, any information provided by any Applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Applicant will be disqualified from the Awards
- If after the conclusion of the Awards ceremony, any information provided by any Applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Applicant will be liable to return the award/ prize money provided to the Applicant under these Awards
- Determination of whether information provided by the Applicant is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management
- Awards Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information provided/ audit the information provided. If such a request is made and the Applicant does not comply within 3 days from the date the request is made, the Applicant would be disqualified from the Awards
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Awards Management will be final and binding on ALL parties concerned
- Any dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Delhi.
9. Validation of information provided
- Awards Management/ jury may verify the details and evaluate the nominees (wherever needed)
- The Awards Management shall not be responsible if the persons do not participate or do not agree to the conduct of the verification, or are not contactable
- In such case, Awards Management may, at its discretion, disqualify participation or continue in such other manner, as deemed fit.
10. Short-listing of entries for each Award category
- In the event no entries in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion in the Awards, the category will be cancelled. The Jury may decide that no entry is worthy of the Award and disqualify all applicants at its discretion.
- Jury’s decision on the short-listing and disqualifications will be final and binding on all Applicants
11. Winner determination
- The Jury’s decision is final and binding on all Applicants
- The determination of who should receive an award for any award category rests with the final jury. The jury’s decision is final and binding on all nominees
- The jury may also decide, in order to maintain high standards of these awards, that there could be no winner in a particular category
- Each category may be awarded three winners – The Gold GIWA, The Silver GIWA and The Bronze GIWA.
- Awards management and the jury will determine whether an entry is original or not, and no communication in this regard will be entertained from applicants. If any person feels an entry is copied, please contact the Awards management prior to the final jury session. Intimation post that date may not be considered.
- There will be a special trophy for the GIWA STAR of the Year, this will be judged of all the companies who will be sending their entries. The winner will be judged on the basis of a point system, which will be awarded to each winner of Gold, Silver and Bronze. At the end of all the categories the company with maximum number of points will be adjudged the GIWA STAR.
- Efforts will be made to adhere to timelines defined and communicated by Awards management. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on unforeseen circumstances
- Receipt of Application Forms after last date of receipt specified will not be accepted. It may be permitted only at the discretion of the Award Management
- Awards Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or its ceremony or any part of its processes on account of any factors beyond its control
- For any enquires for GIWA Awards, and clarifications, please get in touch with Bhavika (email@example.com), phone +91-9001799999 or Jaideep ( Jd@icwf.net, Ph: +91-8447639393) or Saakshi (firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 9910986969)
- ICWF reserves the right to make changes to the process as necessary
- Trophies must be collected by the winners at the award ceremony or within a month from the date of the award ceremony from ICWF
- No correspondence regarding the status of the nomination will be entertained after the nomination has been received
- The wedding nominated/ applied must be developed within the participating Organization. An Organization cannot participate on behalf of its sister units; parent organization or other organizations under the parent organization
- Applicant understands and agrees that merely by applying for these Awards does not entitle the Applicant to a prize or to any other form of consideration
- Participation in the Awards will be construed as an acceptance of the Rules and Regulations stated herein
- Decision of Awards Management and Jury on all matters is final and binding on all Applicants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same
- The process is not subject to review of any applicant. Awards Management will not entertain any communication in this regard from any applicant
- Awards Management will not be liable or held responsible for loss of information submitted for participation on account of failure or delay by internet service provider
- Applicants and winners permit free of cost, the use of their name, information about them and their companies as sourced from public media, and factual information about their participation, in public media (for the build-up to the Awards , during the Awards ceremony, etc.) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards , if any
- The Awards Management will not bear any costs incurred by the participants/winners.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the Rules of the Awards at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards , the Awards being withdrawn or its Rules amended
- Should an Applicant wish to withdraw from the Awards, he / she can inform the Awards management at any time up to one week prior to the final Awards ceremony. No reimbursement/refund of costs borne by the Applicant would be made
- The Applicants agree that they shall hold harmless the Awards Management, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to these Awards and shall defend them against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims whether or not groundless, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Award
- If Applicants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or have any queries/concerns pertaining to these Awards, they can e mail their questions, problems or queries to (email@example.com).The Awards Management shall endeavor to the best of its ability to respond thereto.
14. Contact Details
- In case an Award is unclaimed by the winner due to any reason the same will result in forfeiture of the Award by such Winner and Awards Management shall not entertain any claims in this regard thereafter.
- Award is not transferable or assignable and shall not be assigned to any other person. There is no cash substitution, cash redemption or cash value in lieu of the respective Award.
- Awards Management gives no warranty and shall not be liable for the quality, warranty or replacement of the Award. All taxes, levies and charges relating to the Awards, if any will be borne by the Winners.
- Awards Management shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or final gratification or any part of its processes due to factors beyond its control and/or due to Force Majeure reasons.
- Awards Management can and shall hold you responsible for any false or misleading information that you may propagate or for any misleading or malfeasance statements in relation to or outside the scope of the Awards, in any manner whatsoever.
- Awards Management’s decision on any dispute in relation to the Awards shall be final and binding on the Applicant. Awards Management shall not entertain any questions, enquiries in respect of the selection, shortlisting of the Applications or the Winners or the Awards from any party whatsoever.
- Awards Management, its directors, employees, affiliates, agents and representatives shall not be responsible or liable for (i) any SMS message delivery failures; (ii) for any SPAM generated messages; (iii) failure or malfunction of any telephone network and/or transmission line, computer servers or equipment, hardware or software or for any lost or unavailable network connections or for failure or for lost, incomplete, delayed or garbled data transmission or any combination thereof; (v) for any injury, loss or damage caused to the Applicant or any third party due to the Applicant’s participation in this Awards.
- Awards Management has no obligation to screen an Application, Entry, Nominations or Entry/Candidate Material, information, data, in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring Entries/Nominations received for the Awards, to prevent violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If Awards Management is notified of submissions or materials that allegedly do not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate an Entry/Nomination from the Awards.
The website is only an informational website www.icwf.net. (the “Website”) for the Awards. Awards Management or its subsidiaries or holding entities are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Applicant or anyone acting on Applicant’s behalf or under Applicant employment or under contract with the Applicant. Awards Management shall not be under any obligation to Applicant and Applicant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Awards and shall have no claims whatsoever against the Awards Management relating to the selection process or the running of the Awards. Awards Management shall not be responsible for:
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration or uploading videos/presentations;
- any SPAM generated messages as result of Applicant accessing the Website;
- Awards Management not receiving or rejecting any data;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control.
Awards Management has no obligation to screen the entry material in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring entries for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If Awards Management is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an entry from consideration. The Awards Management has no liability or responsibility to Applicants or other users of the Website for performance or non- performance of such activities.